Do you know I feel very honored this week? First was my lovely homecoming and subsequent joy over the makeover on Eva and Sophie's room, coupled with the satisfaction of Matt having not been a perfect mother (but he was very close). Oh, and seeing my family again and being fawned all over too ;-) Then the
Crash Test Dummy made me her featured follower of the week, and each time I look at her blog, there I am :) I just love seeing my name in lights like that - and you should all check out her blog because you'll smile a lot, and sometimes maybe tear-up a little.
Then, yesterday
, I went over to my friend
Julie's blog, and she had an entire post dedicated just to
ME! I just about fell out of my chair, only it's flanked by arm rests, so I didn't. Did you know that Julie drives a mean getaway minivan when your out toilet papering with your girlfriends? Too bad she went and moved way out to Ferntucky! Thank you for the very flattering post Julie (it really went to my head).
Then, on top of all of that,
J-Lo showed up in my comment box tonight after a six week maternity leave from blog stalking, and mentioned that she rocked her sweet little
Joe Cypress to sleep listening to Aretha Franklin's 'You Send Me' that is on my current playlist. I just feel like my birthday keeps going on and on and on....
********************************************************************************
Look what I found in my car after I arrived home from my mother's on Monday...
...her handicap parking placard.
Did you know that there are no handicap parking placards available on e-bay? I checked because I wondered if I could make enough money to get a Nikon D-90. I was surprised there weren't any up for auction, but then I read the small print.
You do the math - it just doesn't add up to being worth it. That's twice the price of my dream camera ;-)
So, the placard was relinquished to my mother today, and without even having been taken advantage of one single time while out shopping. Yes people, that's the kind of superior human being I am. I had it for three days and never used it. Not once. I've always aspired to be a role model, and now I truly am. I'm just not the kind of person who takes advantage of excellent parking spots with her ill mother's handicap parking placard, or who would auction it off on e-bay for anything less than the amount of the fine that would have to be paid for using it illegally. I didn't even send Ella in to grocery shop for me and stay in the car pretending to be a handicap person who doesn't feel like getting her wheelchair out, that's how righteous I am. Don't you kind of love it when that happens though? When a handicapped person parks in a handicap spot, but stays in the car while the able bodied person goes shopping? That's nerve!
Tonight I'm in Susanville again with my mom. She was having some pain and her doctor wanted her to come to Reno to check her out (I followed her home afterward). Apparently the infection which caused one of her kidneys to fail is still lingering, so she's back on some antibiotics, but is still much improved from last week. I'll probably only be here for one night.
Now it's late and I don't have time to write about how I became an expert low sodium chef last week. Too bad! It's a riveting story, but it'll just have to wait until next time...
Ciao for now peeps :)
7 comments:
I would have totally taken advantage of the permit. "Hi, I'm Laura, and I am not a superior human being." At least now I know where I can turn in my pursuit of superior human beingness. :-)
Hope your mom mends quickly.
You're a greater woman than I am since I used to take advantage of my roommate's parking permit when we were in college and she was recovering from knee surgery. She permanently left it in my car which meant a lot of fake limps when I would use it without her.
Way to be so righteous!
ahhh memories of toilet papering while 5 months pregnant...with Karen who was ready to pop at ANY moment.
I think we all know what a superior human being you are...I mean who else goes into a store and sneaks something back onto the shelves that they accidentally stole??? Only a superior human being for sure!
Another riveting story to look forward to. Be still my beating heart! (I'm not kidding!)
I'm glad you read my comment. I wasn't sure if I'd missed my window of opportunity for it to be read. I even a left a few on earlier posts b/c I figured out how to pump breast milk while reading your posts (a little tricky to scroll down when both hands are occupied, but I'm getting better:)
I had my own "righteous" moment last night when I ordered two cheeseburgers at the McDonald's drive-thru and the lady gave me an extra nickel back with my change. When I gave it back she said, "OK, den." The reward was more intrinsic I guess:)
Oh man, I feel like I'm in the very presence of evil with Laura and Sara here in my comment box ;-)
Haha, I forgot about that Julie. I really am pretty superior :)
Stay tuned Heidi, I'll post it just for you!
I read all my comments J-Lo - I get an e-mail alert. You're almost as superior as I am.
"I've always aspired to be a role model, and now I truly am."
has me rolling on the floor! It strikes me as something CLASSIC that Michael Scott would say!
Thanks for the laugh!
Post a Comment