Wishful Thinking

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

No Flair Respect for Bruce Lee

Tonight I was going to blog about taking my mother to a doctors appointment in Reno (I'm helping her recuperate in Susanville), her slow recovery, cooking low sodium meals for her, my short visit home, and American Idol. But, after browsing flair on facebook (I've just recently become addicted (to flair)), I noticed an inexplicable over abundance of Chuck Norris buttons...

...and a complete lack of any for Bruce Lee.

I had Bruce Lee on the brain because I had been looking at my San Francisco pics (retrieved during my visit home) and came across this one

Photobucket

I spotted this amazing 'licensed' Bruce Lee t-shirt in Chinatown while making our way to North Beach Pizza. Its total awesome awesomeness overwhelmed me, and I couldn't help myself - I had to take a picture. I knew Bruce would have wanted me to. I was almost busted by a tiny Asian woman though, who came flying out to stop me, but Matt had given me a warning. We're sly like that.

Oh man, Bruce Lee was a babe!!! I love him in the open collar shirt with the criss-cross leather string. And not only was he a babe, he totally wiped the Colosseum floor with Chuck Norris' hairy chest in 'The Way of the Dragon'. So why the lack of flair respect for Bruce?

Check out :32 - Chuck Norris has wall to wall carpeting that goes all the way over his shoulders onto his back, and Bruce Lee grabs a handful of it. That right there just proves he could read Bella's mind way better than Chuck, and that it was he who taught the Jedi - not Chewbacca. Then at 5:36, a kitten tries to cast a spell on one of them. I'm not sure on whom, but it doesn't work if it was to help Chuck - his final effort is in vain.

So who are these people making all the Chuck Norris flair, and how is it they don't know that Bruce Lee is the reason vampires are so pale? Pale with fear...

10 comments:

Devon said...

Not that I have been looking at flair, but I agree, Bruce Lee is the bomb! I think you should boycott!

Julie said...

Bruce Lee was pretty hot, and I really don't have the patience for that OTHER guy!

Your baby is looking awfully skinny these days!

Randi said...

I love all that Chuck Norris flair! Some of my favorite buttons in that little collection.
Sorry about the Bruce Lee thing. At least he has a cool tshirt.

Laura said...

Sorry, not a fan of Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris, but boy howdy, I love flair! You should seriously make some Bruce Lee flair of your own, and one should definitely be of that T-shirt!

nevadanista said...

Oh no you di-in't Randi! I feel a flair war coming on. I'd sleep with one eye open come Friday ;-)

That's exactly what I'm going to do Laura, because I've been trying to think of more ways to procrastinate and waste time. I think I just found the perfect way :)

Alyson | New England Living said...

I love flair! It's been too long since I've looked at them though.

My main memory of Bruce Lee is of a huge poster of him on my brother's wall. I remember him having long, bloody claw marks all over his totally toned chest.

Glad you risked life and limb to get that shot, you naughty girl!

Heidi said...

Those old Asian women in San Francisco are pretty spry. Glad you got away with all your chest hair intact.

Anonymous said...

I love the "Chuck Norris can Read Bella's mind"

I bought chad a chuck norris fact book from barnes and noble. they are so funny!

Super Happy Girl said...

I am a flair lover and am not afraid to admit it.

"NO PICTURE PLEASE" And all they had was a tiny Asian woman to enforce the sign? WOw, lack of planning I'd say.

Stephen said...

Thanks for the birthday wish. You really have a great blog.