This is a re-post, my first. Every blogger does a re-post at some point, right? It's kind of an unwritten rule of blogging. It took me a long time to figure out how some people are able to publish their pictures much larger and clearer than the pictures the up-loader on blogger publishes - photobucket.com people! I'm kind of slow, I know, especially for a person who loves to post pictures. So I've redone these to look much better. You know, I feel like an artist when I look at them...maybe I am. I'm a little too proud of my work I think. I may re-size a few even larger. But now I have to finish putting Christmas away, visit my mother and fold a gigantic pile of laundry - a pile so large and vast, it strikes fear in my very soul just thinking about it.
**********************************************
No one would really know it by this blog, but I'm not really a horse lover - per se. I never dreamed of having a pony as a little girl. I never collected horse figurines or had horse posters on my bedroom walls. I even horrified Ella by laughing during the movie Flicka, when Tim McGraw (easy on the eyes and ears, but a terrible actor) was going to shoot Flicka, and his daughter, dramatically strewn across the horse says, "it's okay, you can shoot us." That just killed me and I had to laugh out loud. I felt pretty bad when Ella looked at me with tears streaming down her face.
So, I've never really taken an interest in horses, until we moved out to this part of town where wild horses roam the hills. They're fascinating to watch, in my opinion. They're graceful, playful, maternal, protective, violent, territorial, curious and friendly. Unfortunately, I'm the only one in the family who thinks so :D No one else shares my enthusiasm :(
I've watermarked these pictures. Mostly it makes me feel kind of important, but I also want to make some money if National Geographic tries to use them. In fact, I'm pretty sure National Geographic will be contacting me soon, providing me with hundreds of thousands of dollars in new equipment, and offering me a featured $pread in their magazine. I'm sure you will agree ;-)
The wild horses tie Reno's landscape together so well I think!
Near the Toll Brothers development
Downtown Reno in the background
Over looking the Donner Springs/Hidden Valley areas, and Sparks
Siesta time
Upon waking
A few of them need some Rogaine
Over looking the Damonte Ranch High School Mustangs football field
Above the Reynon and Bardis development, Peavine Mountain in the background
Seen better days
My grandmother always hated it when my bangs would hang in my eyes like that. This black one is a bad a** stallion, and he was staring me down. I've named him 'The Black Hand'. But don't worry, I was ready to jump in my car
Above Damonte Ranch High School
Munching on the native grasses
Mt. Rose in the background
I see you
In the wetlands

7 comments:
I see you too horsey!
I especially like the pic of the horses in the tall grasses. Very cool!
They still look great the second time around.
I have to confess I never looked at them the first time. My second confession is that I have always thought Reno was ugly. But you are helping me to see it with new eyes. I love the pictures! Thanks for re-posting.
You have some mad photography skills, girl! :) love the re-post.
Oh, and I just read your zits post-you know, the only time my skin is clear is when I am pregnant. Just in case you want to know how to get rid of them.....
I love the close up of the one munching on grass! I am obsessed with horses but am not around them much! :)
Thanks everyone!
Hey Khristine, I remember stopping to gas gas in Sparks that time we went to Utah. It is pretty ugly just driving throug on 80, but once I lived here for a while, I started seeing so much beauty I'd never noticed!
You're pretty funny Sheri. Didn't you notice that I'm 40 now ;-)
Post a Comment