Thursday, January 8, 2009
Zits - When Will They Ever Stop (dis)Gracing Me With Their Presence?
When do people truly stop getting zits? It's a question I ask myself with each new decade. When I was a teenager, I was told I wouldn't get them anymore when I was in my twenties. In my twenties I found out that wasn't true. It was a lie, just like how the picture of Nicole Kidman in an advertisement on the back of People Magazine a couple weeks ago without a single wrinkle or natural crease on her face was a lie. A 'Best and Worst Bodies' issue of a magazine in line at the grocery store cheered me up though, way better than last time, but I digress.
I was looking forward to being zit free in my thirties, but not getting zits in my thirties was a lie as well. I had a few breakouts during that decade too. Then, last night while watching 'The Birds' (Netflix is freakin' fast people!), I become aware of something swelling near the top left corner of my upper lip. Upon further inspection, I discovered I had a bright shiny new zit only three days after turning forty (I'm totally milking this birthday for all it's worth). So, for any of you youngins out there who may be looking forward to leaving those annoying teenage blemishes in the dust as you grow older - just forget about it, and keep your tube of Clearasil handy!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Rachel, Rachel, Rachel. Zits NEVER go away. But when you're in your fifties and all the wonderful menopause stuff starts happening you get to call them "ingrown hairs" LOL :) :)
Karen ( formaly of the nursery)
Oh yeah, I know what of you speak! What's the deal? Why do we have to be blessed with all these hormones that give us life-long zits?! Men have it so easy!
Did you nominate me? If you did, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Recently I've not only gotten zits but plain good old fashioned acne!
its every where.
By the way, love your new header picture. So cool! So many layers.
So much to look forward to gramma karen!!! Can't wait for my first 'ingrown'.
Thanks Alyson :)
ProActive Shellie - it's working wonders for Ella, and Jessica Simpson too ;-)
If we didn't know about the non-expiration of zits, maybe lots of other people don't know. They'll think we're younger than we are! Zits: the fountain of youth.
Yeah, I'm not buying it either. But I had to try. :-)
Sad but true. I have not been zit free one year in 44---well, the years before 12 were pretty good. I don't get tons but there is always at least one hanging around just to keep me humble. It's hormones. You know what really works (if you aren't allergic as am I)? Proactive. I kid you not! This stuff works great and is worth the price but I can't use benzoyl peroxide. I have this wimpy immune system so I get allergies easily. bummer. I found this out after four months of using it and having my face itch like crazy and my ears swell up inside and out. Yah. Bad. But you'll be fine! And zit free! And beeeyouteefull!
Zits are the pits. I heard they may be related to dairy products. Supposedly, hormones in milk overstimulate human oil-producing glands resulting in zits.
Love this topic! What is up with that anyway? Mine were mostly PMS-related, but I take comfort in the fact that my husband is also afflicted. However, I must give props to a skin care regimen that has kept me zit-FREE for more than a year...it's kind of expensive, but it works so it's more than worth it. Mary Kay's TimeWise line! I use the 3-in-1 wash, day solution and night solution and I honestly have never had anything work like this. Give it a shot, anyway, it has made me VERY happy with my skin!
Post a Comment