Saturday, January 3, 2009
40 - Almost
I can't believe I completely forgot to tell Matt about my fortieth birthday European tour plans in time to actually go on a fortieth birthday European tour, dang it!!! So here we are in San Francisco instead. But since Europe wasn't in play, I wouldn't have chosen anywhere else in the world within a four hour driving radius to spend such a momentous occasion ;-) Well seriously, I wouldn't want to go any where else within an eight, twelve, eighteen, or even twenty-four hour driving radius - that's how much I love San Francisco and the Northern California coast.
A complete report will be coming soon, but I have to post about the best pizza I've ever had (plus, I've never had a blog on which to shamelessly announce my impending birthday - does that make me a bad person?)! The nose knows is a truism indeed! As we walked down Grant Avenue toward the Wharf this afternoon, ours noses detected something delicious being cooked up at a little restaurant on the corner of Union and Grant. We returned to have dinner there this evening based solely on the recommendation of our noses. It turns out the restaurant was 'North Beach Pizza', which has been overwhelmingly voted Fan Francisco's best pizza. So there you have it - the nose knows! And we couldn't have chosen a better place to eat the last dinner of my thirties. It was heaven, and we may or may not have had only four pieces of our large pizza left over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
Hurray for 40! I'm glad you get to spend it in one of your favorite places and with your favorite person. Happy birthday!
Happy 40!!!! Hope you have a wonderful time
Happy 40th...it only gets better!
We'll celebrate next time I'm in Reno!
I looked for you today at church to wish you a "happy happy birthday Rachel dear. happy days will come to you all year!" Forty was fabulous!!! And it does only get better:)
Karen (formaly of the nursery)
That za looked so darn good. I am now craving some. Happy Birthday!
I want to be the first one to congratulate you on your birthday. Happy birthday!
I always tell my kids "the nose knows". I believe that 100% and that's all I have to say about that.
Happy Birthday Rachel! I can practically smell north beach from here. Hope you all had a great time!
Man, Rachel, we're old! Happy birthday!!
A belated Happy Birthday! I remember discussing this day last year.....Glad you finally caught up
!
Post a Comment