Wishful Thinking

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Damage Control

Although all of your comments on my Day in Pictures series were very very nice and I loved them all, especially the ones about my self portrait, I still feel that maybe I was a little too 'uplifting' in revealing so much about myself. So, this post is all about damage control, and is an attempt to successfully create the false impression that my life isn't that way at all - all the time, everyday.

For Thanksgiving, I made 5 dozen of my late mother -in-law Cherie's crescent rolls for the first time - from scratch. These are not from a paper tube people! I executed the recipe flawlessly, and baked them to sublime perfection.

A few years ago I had the brilliant idea to buy the girls a special ornament each year that represented a personality trait or current interest/obsession. I want them to have a festive collection to take with them when they leave home someday. Here are a few examples.

Ella 2007

Eva 2006

Sophie 2006

Tonight I finished an apron for Eva that I started yesterday.

I bought some pattern paper and traced a smaller version of the pattern I'd already used. Eva wasn't awake to serve as a model, so I pinned it on the wall next to our beautiful Christmas tree that spins.

Turns out, in addition to being a superior baker of crescent rolls, I'm also a superior seamstress. Who knew?

Please take note of my meticulous attention to detail

What says future domestic goddess better than pink skulls & bones next to black hearts? Nothing!

Now I'm off to tidy up a few things - but only a few. I'm so awesome, I had all the housework done and dinner cleaned-up before I sat down to finish Eva's apron ;-)

13 comments:

Julie said...

I like the out of control you better! Then I don't feel so alone in my I-wish-I-could-be-on-top-of-things-for-once life!

The rolls look AWESOME! And I'm very impressed with the apron! But I think the most impressive thing is a tree that spins...WOW!

Lisa said...

Let me just say, I am on perfection overload right now! Spinning trees, perfect rolls, freehand pattern making/sewing.

WOW!

Alyson | New England Living said...

Am I revealing my lack of domestic skills by telling you that I do not, and never have, owned an apron? It's sad I know. I love yours though! I'd totally wear something funky/cool like that.

You are just too perfect for words. But then again, so am I. Ok, ok I can't keep up that lie through the laughter.

Laura said...

We're not worthy, we're not worthy! :-) Love the apron. It's fab! And those rolls . . . I'm drooling. You truly are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I 'm off to double my prescriptions!


I'd like my apron to have "dieter's" all over it please.

Eliza said...

I agree with everyone's comments. I don't have anything interesting to add, except, could you post your reciepe for the rolls. They look sinful!

Jen said...

YOU HAVE A CHRISTMAS TREE THAT SPINS?!!!

I'M IN AWE...........

nevadanista said...

YES!!! That's what I'm talkin' 'bout people :) Upping your meds, feeling unworthy, in awe, etc.. I think I'll make this a 5 part series :)

I'll post the roll recipe soon :)

Super Happy Girl said...

TABASCO!!!!!!

I need a Tabasco ornament!

Jenn G. said...

I'm impressed with teh rolls and the apron. Both look yummy!

Camille said...

Wow, I am super impressed. I'll send over the patern for my nursery bedding and blessing dress....;)

Danila said...

Wow! I haven't been on your blog for some time and I've totally missed out! You've been hiding some super duper talents..not only do you take awesome pictures, you can bake and sew? I am totally impressed. That apron is awesome.

Jen H said...

This only proves how totally awesome you are! I love it all!

My only question is this . . . "What is there left to conquer??"