Wishful Thinking

Thursday, December 25, 2008

2008 Musical Advent Calendar

Day 25: What Child is This? - Linda Eder


Merry Christmas!!! This song actually combines my top two favorite songs in a beautiful arrangement, and is beautifully sung as well.

What child is this, who, laid to rest
On Mary's lap, is sleeping?
Whom angels greet with anthems sweet,
While shepherds watch are keeping?

This, this is Christ the King,
Whom shepherds guard and angels sing:
Haste, haste to bring him laud,
The Babe, the Son of Mary!

So this concludes my musical Advent Calendar. It was fun, even though I couldn't include so many wonderful songs. But from 'Santa Claus, Go Straight to the Ghetto' to 'What Child is This', I think we covered a lot of great songs. Thanks for tuning in! Hope you have a joyous day filled with family and love :)

p.s. I didn't actually ever post Silent Night because I was so tired that night and I couldn't find one that absolutely thrilled me. Will do it soon, just for the record - no pun intended.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I have totally loved our advent calendar. I'm thinking of doing it next year!

Sheri Willardson said...

Your calendar was such a good idea, and you did a great job picking songs. LOVE it!

Your Christmas post was very sweet too-I am glad you remembered-and reminded us-that the true meaning of Christmas is hope. Sometimes we all get way too caught up in the craziness of the holiday. I hope you had a great day! Now on to 2009....