Wishful Thinking

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Rescue Attempt No. 2

Today I think I'm in for an adventure! Hopefully not Donner Party style, but rather a well heated comfy drive through Donner Party country with good music, a diet, and newly powdered scenery. I'm attempting another rescue -not a rescue of my children from my sister, but a rescue of my sister from my children. I plan on staying the night and making it home tomorrow. But you know, I love a good drive!!! I think I will do a post dedicated to my all-time favorite drives sometime.

The bummer though, is that my camera is on the blink. It used to take wonderful pictures like this when I bought it in July - water frozen in mid-air

But now it's taking pictures like this all the time

And today was a complete white-out. I have to send it in to Canon for a warranty repair, which means I'll be without it during the holidays, and reduced to using my little pocket camera. Now that I consider myself an artist because I did a wild horse pictorial on this blog, and even though my newer camera is just a souped-up point and shoot - not even an SLR, the thought of using my little camera is kind of depressing. But I will keep the ill fated Donner Party in mind today when I'm bummed about not having my good camera in such beautiful circumstances. They would certainly scoff at my being such an ingrate!

5 comments:

Alyson | New England Living said...

Oh, I would die without my beautiful canon too! Horrible that you have to be without it on the holidays.

It was quite nostalgic to read about the Donner Party here. Reminds me of all the trips we took from the Sacramento area into Reno. Gotta love the Donner Pass! Especially in the winter!!

Alyson | New England Living said...

Oh, and thanks for the lovely email! I feel so loved! :)

Brittany Wagner said...

Seriously depressing about the camera!

Laura said...

You know, you could have claimed that one picture as the mess you had to drive through, thus having a true Donner experience. But then again, we couldn't commiserate about the camera. Sorry on both counts. Drive safely!

Julie said...

SOOO happy you posted the recipe!

Good luck with your rescue...hope you are safe! I hope your camera gets fixed soon...I love your pics!