Tuesday, December 2, 2008
My Day in Pictures, 20 November 2008, Part 3
In line at El Pollo Loco, I was behind this bearded man
who kept turning around as if to say something to me. I pretended to be engrossed with my Lake Tahoe book though, and purposefully avoided making eye contact with him. He even opened his mouth a few times, but nothing came out. I had a feeling he wanted to ask me how tall I am, and then tell me how much he's always loved tall women. I can always see that one coming a mile a mile away. I had to be very sneaky when I took these pictures, and used my Lake Tahoe book as a sheild.
Then I felt a little bad, because what if he was just going to be normal? What if he wasn't a weirdo, and I had been rude. I overcame over my guilt quickly however, and made it through the line and picked-up my food without speaking to him.
If you've never broken bread with me, then you probably don't know that I'm the slowest eater to have ever graced this planet. It's simply impossible for me to eat quickly! So, I began to regret having made the trip to El Pollo Loco. It was tasty as usual though.
To be continued...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
You caught Santa at El Pollo Loco?.
You're reading Kirsten lavrensdatter again? Good idea,I was about to start on Gone with the Wind, have you read it?
BTW, I found my first El Pollo Loco in Ut last week, perhaps I'll put my van on auto pilot tomorrow.
I love the saga of you and the bearded man. You must tell more of the story, even if you have to make it up.
I'm not even hungry and that food looks good. Mmm. Maybe we'll have to make a trip to American Fork, our closets EPL.
Um, that should say "closest" EPL. What did I say I did for living? An editor? Uh huh.
Maybe the bearded man (Santa)was going to ask you to be Mrs. Claus. You missed a wonderful opportunity! You could have said, "Ho, Ho, Ho!" Down the slide you go! (Christmas Story, gotta love it!) F-R-A-G-I-L-E....it must be Italian!
Haha, jenn g, we just watched that Friday night.
So happy to see your spelling error Laura ;-)
Yes, I'm readng it again - although very slowly. And yes, put your van on auto pilot!
WHAT a day! And how sad that Santa looks to be feeling the pressure of the holidays/economy.
Uncle Leo?
Ok, you can't be the slowest eater in the planet.
I know this since my son Firstborn is, in fact, the slowest eater ever.
You should challenge him to a duel.
Post a Comment