Wishful Thinking

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Little Bit O' Christmas

It's a wonderful thing when the Christmas gifts you give your children work out, and there is no fighting, jealousy, or requests to exchange a gift for something entirely different! It's tricky knowing how much is too much, are we spoiling, are we not giving enough, etc., so I feel like this year was a complete success in the kid gift giving department. Everyone is happy - or else they've learned the art of gracious gift receiving at a young age, which is very nice of them ;-)

This year we did a couple minor gifts for each girl, and then one main big one.

Ella is all about zebras right now, even though she now says peacocks are her all time favorite animal. Ummm, WHAT!? Now she tells me? This is rather new information. Peacock stuff is much harder to find though, so I still probably would have gone with the stripes. She kind of obsessed with zebras at the moment anyway.

Not looking all that excited here, but I swear she is! She'll be updating here room :)

She's already made the exchange

Oh my heck! A pink DS (I'd never heard of them until about two weeks ago)!!! Our lovely white Christmas in the background

Sophie's dream come true - the American Doll Girl Julie

She accompanies us wherever we go

They are constant companions now

It's possible that every family in Matt's family made his mother's delicious pull apart bread for breakfast.

And finally, I want to share my testimony, that I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Rock Band (the family gift) is true, that I will someday receive a 100% playing drums on 'Black Hole Sun' (I'm still on easy, baby steps people) and that I want to be with my family forever when we're rockin' it together!

10 comments:

Lisa said...

I think I will be chuckling about your testimony for at least a week.

Laura said...

I bet that testimony would have converted at least a few of the people we met in the GDR! :-) I'm surprised you weren't testifying about that bread. Although perhaps it qualifies as one of the seven deadly sins. It looks good enough to qualify!

sara said...

I was hoping to see a picture of some aprons. How did that project go?
I love the leopard print and I'll keep my eye out for some peacock feathers.

Eliza said...

Will you be sharing that particular testimony this next Sunday? I wish I was in your ward.

We got guitar hero as a family gift so we're totally rockin' here too!

Your bread looks scrumptious!

Julie said...

how funny that there were two of the same shirt!!! We had the same JUST RIGHT Christmas. I think we've finally hit a year where we really understand it eh?? We got Rock Band for Christmas too...I am MUCH better at the guitar & singing than the drums...way too hard! We also got the wii Fit...I am finally exercising!!! woohoo (that does count right??!!)

Anonymous said...

Love the Zebra stuff, tell Ella I have peacock feathers in my living room, I'm a sucker for a pink game system too. Sophie and Julie make quite the pair.

I have also recently gained a testimony of Rock Band. My kids feel like they have uncaged a beast!

I did notice a snowglobe in those pics, does Ella have a favorite one made in YW's somewhere?

nevadanista said...

I didn't know about that bread in the GDR Laura, because I learned the recipe from my mother -in-law. But yes, I would possibly have testified about it. It's actually one of the easiest recipes EVER, and I posted it mostly to impress :) I'll put the recipe up later.

I'm glad you reminded me about the aprons Sara, because I meant to take some pictures but hadn't yet. I'll post some soon.

I would totally be testifying about Rock Band on Sunday, but we won't be here, so my inspiring words will have to wait until next time...

Julie, we don't have the Wii Fit yet. Are you truly feeling worked out? Just wondering.

Harlene, I'll have to ask Ella about a YW snow globe, and we'll have to all get together for a Rock Band party when you come to Reno.

Heidi said...

LOVE the pull apart bread--I was hoping someone would make it for Christmas this year but no one did. Including me. Sad. Your girls look very happy (and so cute!). We got Guitar Hero for Christmas two years ago and I was totally obsessed for months. I got to the highest level on some songs, even, before my shoulder completely gave out. Lessons learned.

Heather said...

So...I have been looking for a good pull-apart bread recipe. I just might have to steal yours - it looks soooo delicious. I'm a sucker for good bread!

It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. I've heard all about Rock Band and it sounds like so much fun. I'm sure you guys were rockin' all Christmas Day....as it should be! :)

J-Lo said...

What a moving testimony!