Wishful Thinking

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Early Christmas Eve Taco Feast

Tonight we did the traditional Christmas Eve taco dinner a few days early while Marv and Joanie are here in town (my in-laws). When tacos became tradition in the Hamrick family or why, I don't know - but I like it. We also did the traditional white elephant gift exchange. I was actually there when the gift exchange tradition started about 9 years ago. Matt's grandma Charmaine came for Christmas one year and brought along 17 gifts she'd gathered from around her house, all wrapped and ready to be fought over. It was the Celestial Pursuit game that was the hot item that year. There may or may not have been some coveting and jealousy when I stole it fair and square from a member of the Lane family on the last trade of the exchange :-)

My bother in-law Jim delighted with a Santa plate

Anna scored a complete Sega video console with games that Travis was getting rid of

Sophie chose a large gift wrapped in racing car paper

Tyler's despair at seeing the last of the three gifts wrapped in the racing car paper being opened

But then he felt so much better after he had stolen a huge box of Nerds and Laffy Taffy from RJ

Ella's elation at stealing Baby Bottle Pops from Marcus

Bubbles

The proud winner of the Santa plate (I'm pretty sure this is why she encouraged me to buy it when we were at Walmart last night)

Jorge loves him some hot sauce!!!

After the gifts we sang some songs with Erica at the piano

And then Joanie couldn't keep her hands to herself during the Nativity Story.

A good time was had by all!!!

******************************************

Matt came through with some pictures of Eva the second time around :)

Like the shadow

Eva showin' some boys how it's done

6 comments:

Laura said...

Mmmm, tacos. I might change my dinner plans for tonight. Great pics of the gift exchange! Looks like fun.

Anonymous said...

those tacos look amazing. what is the shell?

Sheri Willardson said...

Those pictures of Eva boarding are so cute! What a sweetie!

Alyson | New England Living said...

Tacos are my fav! I love that tradition. And what a cool gift exchange.

nevadanista said...

That was a large flour tortilla. I prefer corn though.

Super Happy Girl said...

I can't remember the last time I made tacos :( So good for you.
Are those homemade tortillas? They look fat and fluffy. I have never made tortillas in my life :(

Anyway, this post is about you.
Your party looks fun!